December & January Catch up- Gluten Free Fish & Chips!
So we had a great Christmas, many presents were opened and many travel plans were accomplished. After Canada it was time to get back to the real life and start enjoying some home time and getting things done. One of those things was making home made gluten free fish and chips. I will link the recipe at the end. I also haven’t had any fish and chips since Disney World at Raglan Road where they’re gluten free so I was pumped. It ended up being excellent! The one thing I will do different next time is make my own tartar sauce, the store bought kind sucks.
Gluten Free Fish & Chips Recipe
- vegetable oil for deep frying
- 5 Yukon Gold potatoes (about 1½ pounds)
- 1 cup white rice flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt plus more for sprinkling
- 1/4 teaspoon Old Bay seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne
- 2 egg yolks
- 3/4 cup gluten-free beer (such as Redbridge) or soda water
- 1 pound tilapia, cod, or pollack fillets
- 1/2 cup arrowroot
- Tartar sauce
Just switched arrowroot instead of corn starch
the recipe we used: https://foodschmooze.org/recipe/gluten-free-fish-chips/
December and January Food Catch Up
See what grub went down, a document self captivating journal for myself in 2190 I can look back on.